Saturday 12 September 2009

Supermarket Sweep!

.... it felt like "big sleep" time. Big Sleep is the term that my friend & I refer to as the large nap our children have in the middle of day, big sleep because sometimes there are other mini sleeps maybe in the morning, maybe in the afternoon or maybe not at all. It felt like the twins were upstairs sleeping soundly in the their cots while I had perhaps 1.5-2hrs to get some jobs done, have lunch & sit down for a bit. It felt strange, weird, hard to explain, I felt like I'd lost my purpose, my reason for being. The twins weren't upstairs at all, not even in the house. I needed to go out!

I wasn't going far as it was their first day away from me (& I from them) & none of us had a clue how they would be so I decided to go food shopping!! You may laugh but we've been doing internet shopping since before they were born & to wander around a supermarket without having to do a trolley dash was a rarety indeed.

After the Tesco shop I decided the afternoon would be spent relaxing at home with a bit of stitching, well the stitching never quite happened but after having lunch I started catching up with some of the programmes I had on Sky+ & I remained on the sofa clock watching until it was time to pick the bambinos up. I couldn't wait to see them. I'd miss them, the house was silent without them.

When I arrived at the nursery DD was asleep in a cot, having finally gone to sleep in someone arms at around 14.35, DS however was wide, well not quite wide, awake & showing no signs of being sleepy, although he did appear to be surgically attached to his blankie. We were home in time for tea, bit of playing & then off to bed.

Both babies were sound asleep within 5 minutes & there they stayed for a blissful 12 hours :-)

That was the end of their big adventure...... for this week anyhow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment