Tuesday 8 September 2009

The Big Adventure

After a bit of a struggle we managed to get the twins booked into a nursery for the Sept-Dec term. They will only be going one day a week & at the moment we're unsure if we'll be able to have them booked in for the following term but it marks the start of a whole new adventure, for both me & the twins.

I found the morning quite stressful, getting the twins up, breakfast, dressed, making sure they had everything they needed for nursery & then getting out of the house in time to drop them off at 9am. Now usually I see if they need a little nap around the 9am mark so that was out the window as the twins were far more interested in where we were off to at that time of the day!

Everyone that I've spoke to so far has asked me if I found it difficult leaving them & thats a bit of a tough question. I wasn't worried about the leaving them I was more apprehensive that they had everything they needed & that they'd be ok & eat/drink enough. I already knew that DS would scream his head off as he does that when I leave the room or go upstairs. DD tends to be a bit more laid back in these situations & tends to get upset when DS has been screaming for a while or if she wants something, ie food, drink or sleep.

It was strange once I'd left the building (certain that they'd stopped screaming), I sat in the park for a bit & sent a text to friend. It was quiet & still. I decided to buy myself a cake & some rolls at the little bakers before heading home. My mind was busy trying to decide what to do with the day & it settled on going home for a cup of tea & the piece of cake. Once I got home it was even more quiet.......

.... I'll let you know more another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment